Make your own free website on Tripod.com
Home | Nonprofit Preservation Board | Benefits | Recent and Upcoming Events | Spotlight on Greatness! | Getting Involved | Newsletter | Links | Nonprofit Preservation Board Members | EXECUTIVE BOARD Members | Committee Questionaire | Committee Descriptions | Questionaire

m

Florida Nonprofit Coalition

Here is the Minutes to all the meetings that we have had so far, and any other updated information:

May 24, 2004
Hello, here are the minutes for the first Nonprofit Preservation Board meeting, we hope that the next meeting if you were unable to attend that you mark your calendars for the next meeting which is:
June 24, 2004 Thursday 6pm
Lake Forest Park
3250 SW 48 Ave, Pembroke Park, Fl. 33023
954-985-1915
(Please write down this information, the phone number is to the Park)

Please also fill out the Committee questionaire at http://flnpc.tripod.com/1/id12.html

Please decide what committee or committees you would like to be on..
so that you will be prepared for the meeting on the 24th of June, where we will be setting up the committees,

I will be putting a directory up on the website in the next few days of everyones information who is on the Preservation Board.
thank you
Rev. Sharlene
954-981-5616

Here are the Minutes of Monday May 24, 2004

Florida Nonprofit Coalition
May 24, 2004

MINUTES

Recorded by: Rev. Sharlene Humm
May 26, 2004


Nonprofit Preservation Board Meeting 1st Meeting
May 24, 2004
Lake Forest Park
3250 SW 48 Ave Pembroke Park, Fl 33023
7pm – 9 pm

In Attendance:
Marcia Oban…Haven Economic Development
Margaret Reydel Pilot Club of Ft. Lauderdale
Myra Ortega Junior Achievement of Greater Miami
Sean Cononie Homeless Voice
Lois Cross Cosac Foundation
Regoberto Melina American Red Cross Broward County
Kirk Brown HANDY
Ellen Goodrum NTI Articulate
Cathy NTI NTI Articulate
Mary Jane Mental Health Association
Jimme Williams Voice of Healing
Mrs. Williams God’s Team
Rev. Sharlene Humm Sharlenes’ Angels On Earth Inc.

Meeting Began at 7:15pm

Introductions were done, everyone told a little about the nonprofit they represented.

I. Rev. Sharlene opened the floor with discussion on the one concern that most of the nonprofits mentioned in their reply to the questionnaire on the website: http://flnpc.tripod.com was the fact they all needed funding or need help with grants.

Suggestions were made about hiring a group of grant writers that worked only for the needs of the organizations within the coalition.

Kirk Brown asked how these grant writers would be paid…
Marcia Oban said they get paid from the grant…everyone agreed…
Myra Ortega brought to the attention of the group that grant writers usually make between 5 and 10% of the grant amount.
Ellen Goodrum who is a grant writer confirmed this.
II. Item: Thrift Store
The issue was addressed that we all have donations that we either can not get rid of, or do not have the room to store, the suggestion of starting a Thrift store that all would benefit was suggested as well as selling items in a flea market setting.

Sean Conconie: addressed this issue with the fact that we need to get a very large facility to open up a thrift store in, enabling all agencies to send client with vouchers to for items that client would need for free and as an ongoing means of raising money for all by having the store open to the public.

Myra Ortega: said that Bellsouth had allowed their organization space to have a flea market and that this would be an idea to help raise funds.

Sean: Mentioned that we could use the flea market idea to raise the funds to open the thrift store…that we would need probable between 10 to 12 thousand dollars to do so.

Myra: addressed the issue of running the store, how would we do it as we all have our own nonprofits, lives, and other things that we did.

Rev. Sharlene: used and example of how in the town where her parents live in New Mexico. they have the ZIA thrift store…everything is donated their and ran by volunteers, that ZIA uses the elderly to go through the items, set out the items, and sale the items, since we do have a lot of elderly here in Florida that are just looking for something to do during the day, we could offer it this opportunity to them, including the nursing homes that have capable elderly living there as well.

Mrs. Williams: suggested fund raising by doing small concerts using local talent. stating the fact that they have done this in the past and have raised some money this way.

Rev. Sharlene brought up the Christmas Bazaar that she hoped we could do this from the weekend of Thanksgiving through Christmas.

Sean: suggested that we need to plan 1 or 2 major events during the year for this type of fundraising, because that would be the only way that we would be able to raise enough money to benefit anyone.

Sean: suggested that we also focus on issues that impact our clients, those in need, our community and us as nonprofits.

Everyone agreed, and suggested forming a Task Force.

III. Education and Training issues…
All agreed we would like to have training of various concerns from Grant Writing to Volunteers…
But at no cost and that we need to find ways to do this.

IV. Committees
Committees need to form
example, Marketing/Media Events Task Force Grant etc.

Margaret Reydel asked that all the nonprofits information who are on the Preservation Board be put into a director form

Rev. Sharlene said she would place the info on the website…also the questionnaire for the Joining the Committees will be posted.

V. Board Meeting Time
Everyone felt that having the board meeting at 6pm would make it easier for people to attend, so the time has been changed to 6pm

VI. This meeting was a discussion, no voting was done or projects or suggestions approved.

Next Meeting is THURSDAY JUNE 24, 6 PM
Lake Forest Park
3250 SW 48th Ave
Pembroke Park Fl 33023

Meeting ended at 9 pm
 
 
 
June 24, 2004
This is to remind you of the Nonprofit Coalition Meeting Thursday June 24, 2004, 6pm at the Lake Forest Park...3250 SW 48th Ave. Pembroke Park...
I-95 to Hallandale Blvd. West to SW 48th Ave (traffic light)Left or South on SW 48 Ave...it will be on your Right (Westside of the road.) (If you received this more than once...sorry...)

If you have not had a chance to fill out the Committee Questionaire, please do...here are the committees so far: (you will also find the description on the website. http://flnpc.tripod.com)
Questionaire is at: http://flnpc.tripod.com/1/id13.html

Remember we know everyone is busy, so if you have someone on your staff, or in your organization that can work in your behalf on any of these committees, please have them come to the meeting as your advocate.
Also you can be part of more than one committee, and all committees are working together for the benefit of all of us.

Steering Committee
A small steering committee will form with members to develop a strategic plan for the development of a strong and successful nonprofit sector in Southern Florida. The groups first objective is to more clearly define our short and long term goals, develop an identity and support the other sub-committees described below.

Advocacy Committee
This is the largest of the three sub-committees. The group's goals are to work with the steering committee to clearly define the groups identity and short and long term goals so that a clear and coherent image of the larger group is communicated to other nonprofits and the general public.

In addition, the group shall be developing a specific action plan that will allow us to make some progress in the short-term.

In order to provide immediate information and education on advocacy and lobbying, we have provided links to tutorials at www.clpi.org/. Although there are some guidelines, nonprofits can and should lobby.

An organized nonprofit sector could deploy such tactics as cultivating awareness of policy makers regarding nonprofit issues, legislative alerts, lobbying, and sustaining revenue streams. Some sub-sectors of the nonprofit sector do carry out this function in terms of their individual interests, however some general issues that impact all nonprofits may require a broader united effort in order to be effective.

Despite concerns that it would be difficult to find a single policy agenda relevant to the diverse organizations that make up sector, the reality is that legislation is passed regularly that impacts all nonprofits regardless of their individual mission statements.

Finally, it is important to further educate all nonprofits about allowable activities in the area of advocacy and the effective use of advocacy tools.

Public Awareness Committee

A unified nonprofit sector can increase public awareness regarding the value and contributions we make to our communities.

Working together the nonprofit sector can develop a media and a public relations campaign targeted at policy makers, corporations, foundations and other funders, and the general public.

Imagine going to a donor and asking for $100 and having them say, "only $100? I know what you do is so important. I am going to give you $1,000." The for-profit world does this all the time through collaborations, associations and networks, why don't we? Fundraising is one need that all nonprofits regardless of their mission have in common.

We need to regularly capture and communicate real evidence of the economic and social impact of the nonprofit sector in our communities. By doing this, we could help to create leadership that values nonprofits and would foster greater community involvement and support for the work of nonprofit organizations.

Collective Purchasing Committee
This sub-committee will research the potential for fledgling collaborative groups such as this one to begin the process of developing a collective purchasing plan. In order to take advantage of the experience of others, they will be reaching out to other groups that have already gone through this process with some success. For many small to medium size nonprofits it is virtually impossible to receive meaningful discounts for D & O insurance, health insurance, travel, office supplies and equipment, technology upgrades, printing, employee benefits and other necessities that ALL nonprofits need. Forming a substantial network of many nonprofits would allow you to receive the same discounts as larger for-profit businesses.

Training and Technical Assistance Committee
By organizing within the nonprofit sector and coordinating our efforts more efficiently, we can provide better and more training and technical assistance to empower all nonprofits to fulfill their missions. Training providers in our community need to work more closely together and find better ways to disseminate information about available trainings.

In addition, we need to join together and share our limited resources to bring more and better trainings into the sector. We need trainings that assist nonprofits at all different sizes and levels of growth. As it is, many of our current trainings speak only to the middle, leaving out those in the introductory and advanced stages of learning.

Imagine a group of fifteen nonprofits joining together to bring in a national expert in some area where training is desperately needed. One nonprofit may not be able to afford this, but fifteen could. Imagine larger nonprofits opening there doors to smaller ones and allowing those smaller nonprofits to attend their trainings.

Collaboration Committee
This sub-committee will look to develop resources to support collaborative efforts in programming and other areas of nonprofit management.

Building strategic partnerships and collaboration within the nonprofit sector as well as with the public and for-profit sectors is a way to maximize effectiveness while building clout and visibility as well as serve to increase access to resources to serve our missions.

It would also be great to find ways to reduce unnecessary competition, reduce duplication of services through mergers and other efforts to consolidate service delivery when appropriate.

____________________________

Other committee/volunteer action areas

We will create a monthly showcase for local, regional and state nonprofit sector organizations and programs that take an innovative and collaborative approach. The intention behind the "Spot Light For Greatness" is to improve the nonprofit sector's imagine, provide people with unique ideas for programming and call attention to programs providing excellent services.

a group will form to provide a forum for nonprofit executives to confidentially share information and ideas and learn from one another in a supportive environment. The group's name is Non-profit Executives Together and is intended for Tucson's nonprofit executives.

Research, design, implement and promote a centralized location where all nonprofits know they can go to find existing resources that are available to them.

Ideas for potential future action
Create a nonprofit resource exchange opportunity, either online through a listserv or a live meeting schedule. A venue where nonprofit leaders can exchange information and resources.

Community meetings in cities throughout southern Florida..Public Forum (this will meet every 4 months)

 

 
August 3, 2004
 
It is important that you read what was discussed at the Aug 3, 2004 Florida Nonprofit Coalition Preservation Board meeting, so that you will be able to participate in upcoming events.

Minutes for Aug 3, 2004

Florida Nonprofit Preservation Board

In attendance:

Sharlene Humm, sharlene’s Angels On Earth Inc.

Donna Gomez sharlene’s Angels On Earth Inc.

Margaret Reydel Pilot Club of Fort Lauderdale

Regine Cordon Women in Distress

Rosalie Jenkins PCLC Inc.

Tony Vivaldi Puerto Ricans Making a Difference

Rigoberto Molina Broward County Red Cross

Frank Lemandi Representing Attorney Gisele Pollack

Robert Goodman Behavioral Training Institute

Dena J Bower LCSW, CAP

Leslie Zeledon Silent Voices Inc.

Kathy Nti NTI Articulate Behavior Learning Center

The meeting began at 6:47 pm

At: Lake Forest Park

  1. Discussion of a possible fair with ALL Non-profits
  2. Sharlene Offered shared space for Thursday evening at Carver Ranches…Mr. Molina will attend
  3. Dena Bower said we all need to be present at as many community, civic, private and out-door events as possible. Everyone agreed and will be looking and informing the Coalition of upcoming events that we can attend
  4. The End of September we will be scheduling Mr. Paul Dolnier from the World Deliverance Ministries, a Social Service Agency Inc. for a training seminar to help us with IRS issues, Nonprofit issues, Payroll/accounting issues and Incorporations. We will be emailing you the date, time and place.
  5. Mr. Goodman will do a training on Legislative Advocacy in November, again the date, time and place will be sent to you.
  6. A Data Base for Christmas and the holidays was discussed, Sharlene explained that there are too many double dippers and some people are not getting helped at all. Everyone Agreed, the process needed to form this Data Base of Holiday Clients is being investigated and will be discussed further at a future Board meeting.
  7. Fundraising: It was decided one or two major fundraisers should be held each year by the Coalition to benefit all the non-profits who participate equally. No matter how big or small a non-profit is…everyone agreed…
  8. TY park in Hollywood was discussed as being a place to hold a Holiday Fundraiser Ms. Reydel suggested a one weekend fundraising event. Dec 3-5, everyone marked their calendars for further discussion with their home nonprofit about participating in this event.
  9. It was decided at ALL NONPROFITS that wanted to be part of this Holiday Fundraiser, needed to notify Rev. Sharlene either by email or phone by September 1, 2004 to participate. Further discussions on this subject will be done on the next meeting Tuesday September 7.
  10. Discussion on the Public Forum was explained by Sharlene, we will be inviting the public to participate in a Public Forum every 3 to 4 months, they will be able to voice their opinions, concerns and praises for the nonprofits and the work we do. This will enable us to work better in the community.
  11. Discussion on Teaching Landlords the benefits of Section 8 housing, so that more housing is available for low-income families.
  12. Sharlene discussed doing radio station interviews and promoting the Holiday Fundraiser, each agency would have a chance to be interviewed. More discussion on this at next meeting.
  13. Mr. Tony Vivalali, left early.
  14. Mr. Goodman suggested a Wish List for the nonprofit agencies. If you would like to participate in this we need to have your Wish List emailed to Mr. Goodman by Oct. 1, 2004 rgoodlobby@aol.com he also suggested a newsletter.
  15. Mr. Goodman and Ms. Dena Bower accepted the position for the newsletter. Sharlene will then e-mail it to all organizations.
  16. The newsletter will be quarterly…so you need to send in your upcoming events or bring them to the next meeting. Tuesday September 7 at 6:30 pm
  17. Grant Training, piggy backing, collaborative Grants were discussed.
  18. All training will be free of charge, if you would like to do a training or seminar on your expertise please let us know so that we can schedule it. Mr. Molina of the Red Cross informed us that we are able to use a class room at the Red Cross in Plantation for this purpose, but must let him know in advance so he can book the room.
  19. Sharlene let everyone know that any seminar or training event will be free, if someone would like to do an introductory meeting to a topic or expertise, that they do charge for that would be acceptable, and they can offer the full seminar or training at a later time themselves in which if there were a charge it could be told then.
  20. Next meeting is Tuesday September 7, 6:30 pm at the Lake Forest Park Rec. Building, 3250 SW 48 Ave, Hollywood, 33023 take I-95 to Hallandale Beach Blvd, head West to SW 48 Ave, at that light make a Left, it is approximately 3 blocks South on the Right.

So please do the following:

  1. If you want to be part of the Holiday Fund Raising Event Dec 3-5 you must let me know by September 1, 2004 either by email flnonprofitcoalition@myway.com or by phone 954-981-5616 please let other know, we do need vendors so if you know of any have them contact me as well.
  2. Get your Wish Lists together for October 1, and send to either the Coalition or Mr. Goodman at rgoodlobby@aol.com
  3. Start putting your upcoming events for the New Year for the News Letter together.
  4. Plan to attend the next meeting on September 7, if you can not attend please send a representative in your place.

UPDATE:

Hi, I am writing every to let you know that the date for the Holiday Fundraiser has had to be changed from Dec. 3-5, to Dec 10-12 at TY Park in Hollywood, reason being when scheduling the date, we found out that the area was not available on Sat. Dec. 4....so to make this event work we had to move it back one week, I hope this is acceptable to everyone. This event is a Fundraiser, in which ALL nonprofits that participate will divide equally the money raised for that weekend, everyone will be asked to play a part in planning, setup, and cleanup for this event.
This will be a program that will bring nonprofits, vendors, entertainment etc. together for sales, handing out of information, arts and crafts, etc.
so we need everyones help...if you can or want to participate in this event I have got to have you let me know by Sept 1st.
The Coalition is about working together to help not only our individual agencies, organizations and Causes, but to help each other, so this event like everything else that the Coalition does needs your participation to make it a success.
Those of you who have not heard of or attended a meeting you can find out more about the Coalition at http://flnpc.tripod.com our next meeting is Sept 7 Tuesday 6:30 at Lake Forest Park 3250 SW 48 Ave, Hollywood, that is I-95 to Hallandale Beach Blvd, West to SW 48th Ave, South to Lake Forest Park.
If you personally cannot attend please send a staff member, representative, or even a volunteer.

The Coalition is Free of Charge....if you are a nonprofit, work in the service field, public official, etc. we hope you will consider being part of what we are trying to do, and join us.
Everyone is invited to attend and participate...

We also are asking those who would like to do a workshop, seminar, or training to please send us an outline of what you are wanting to do, (example, maybe you can teach how to write a grant, or about running a nonprofit, or about issues that everyone may encounter with clients or about your cause, or how to get the government to listen to you, or how to get media coverage..how to hire a staff, fundraising, etc) If you have an expertise in something, and would like to help others, or share your information, please let us know. You must offer this workshop, seminar, training free of charge, if you want to to an introductory class etc. and let people know that you do offer these services and have a charge you may do so.

Also from the last meetings minutes here are the following that you should be working on:


  1. Mr. Goodman will do a training on Legislative Advocacy in November, again the date, time and place will be sent to you.
  2. A Data Base for Christmas and the holidays was discussed, Sharlene explained that there are too many double dippers and some people are not getting helped at all. Everyone Agreed, the process needed to form this Data Base of Holiday Clients is being investigated and will be discussed further at a future Board meeting.
  3. Fundraising: It was decided one or two major fundraisers should be held each year by the Coalition to benefit all the non-profits who participate equally. No matter how big or small a non-profit is…everyone agreed…
  4. TY park in Hollywood was discussed as being a place to hold a Holiday Fundraiser Ms. Reydel suggested a one weekend fundraising event. Dec 10-12 everyone marked their calendars for further discussion with their home nonprofit about participating in this event.
  5. It was decided at ALL NONPROFITS that wanted to be part of this Holiday Fundraiser, needed to notify Rev. Sharlene either by email or phone by September 1, 2004 to participate. Further discussions on this subject will be done on the next meeting Tuesday September 7.
  6. Discussion on the Public Forum was explained by Sharlene, we will be inviting the public to participate in a Public Forum every 3 to 4 months, they will be able to voice their opinions, concerns and praises for the nonprofits and the work we do. This will enable us to work better in the community.
  7. Discussion on Teaching Landlords the benefits of Section 8 housing, so that more housing is available for low-income families.
  8. Sharlene discussed doing radio station interviews and promoting the Holiday Fundraiser, each agency would have a chance to be interviewed. More discussion on this at next meeting.
  9. Mr. Goodman suggested a Wish List for the nonprofit agencies. If you would like to participate in this we need to have your Wish List emailed to Mr. Goodman by Oct. 1, 2004 rgoodlobby@aol.com he also suggested a newsletter.
  10. Mr. Goodman and Ms. Dena Bower accepted the position for the newsletter. Sharlene will then e-mail it to all organizations.
  11. The newsletter will be quarterly…so you need to send in your upcoming events or bring them to the next meeting. Tuesday September 7 at 6:30 pm
  12. Grant Training, piggy backing, collaborative Grants were discussed.
  13. All training will be free of charge, if you would like to do a training or seminar on your expertise please let us know so that we can schedule it. Mr. Molina of the Red Cross informed us that we are able to use a class room at the Red Cross in Plantation for this purpose,

Org. Update

HI, I know we are all getting ready for Hurricane Frances, but I needed to update you, many of you have signed up for the Holiday Event on Dec. 10-12 others have not had a chance to decide if you want to be part of the event or not. I am listing here those who have decided already and hope you join us...
This event is a fund-raiser for all who participates, it will allow you to SALE, HAND OUT INFORMATION, DO PRESENTATION, TALK, what ever it is that you would like to do to get your information out and to raise money for your organization...those participating for free are asked however to help with the planning, getting the information out to the public, finding vendors, SPONSORS, entertainment, setup and clean up etc. the next Nonprofit Preservation Board meeting is Sept 7, Tues, sign in at 6:30pm at Lake Forest Park, 3250 SW 48th Ave. off of Hallandale Blvd. This year we are only doing a weekend at TY park, if it goes well this year we will plan a bigger event next year...but your participation is very important. (All money collected through joint effort of vendors, sponsors etc. after park expenses, will be divided EQUALLY with all the nonprofit that actually participated in colaboration to make this event a success.)

Those of you who only want a booth/table/area..we will be deciding the vendor space cost at the next meeting...

Here is the list of nonprofits who have already let me know that they are interested: (Please if you have not signed up for this event yet, let us know by Sept 7 if you have decided to be part of this event so that we can get this underway.)



1. Silent Voices, inc
2. Women In Distress
3. Sharlene's Angels On Earth Inc.
4. Pilot Club
5. HealthEase
6. Chef David's Kids
7. JewishFamily Service, Inc. of Broward County
8. United Cerebral Palsy SouthFlorida.org
9. A Need to Read Learning Center, Inc.
10. NTI Articulate Learning Center
11. America Red Cross Broward Chapter
12. Behavioral Training Institute
13. Junior Achievement of Miami
14. Homeless Coalition of South Florida
15. Kids In Distress

16. Manos Internacional

17. Broward County 4-H,

18. Catholic Charities Legal Services, Archdiocese of Miami, Inc

19. Jah-Pen Entertainment

20. Take Stock in Children
21. By HisWord Outreach Ministries
22. Quilting Butterflies at St. Mary Magdalene EpiscopalChurch in Coral Springs.

23. Susan B. Anthony

We have room at TY park from area 0 to 4 which will fit over 300 vendors, remember this is the holiday season, people will be coming to shop for that special gift, so if you have product you can sell it during that time...

Thank you

Rev. Sharlene 954-981-5616 cell: 954-274-4753

coalition.gif

 
September 7, 2004
 
Minutes from September 7 Florida Nonprofit Preservation Board

Please read all the way through, important information follows:

IT IS MANDINTORY THAT EVERYONE WHO IS PARTICIPATING AS A NONPROFIT in the "INTERNATIONAL HOLIDAY FEST" WHO WANTS TO SHARE IN THE FUNDRAISING FUNDS AT THE END OF THE EVENT, ATTEND EVERY MEETING SCHEDULED...YOU CAN SEND A REPRESENTATIVE OR VOLUNTEER TO THE MEETING BUT YOU MUST HAVE SOMEONE AT EACH MEETING.

(If you just want a booth/table area...please contact the Vendor Committee for more information)

It is important that you pick the committees you want to be on, and contact the Committee Chair immediately...our next meeting is Thursday Sept. 23, at 6:30 pm the location will follow in another email.

Map of TY park attached...we have area 0 - 4

7pm meeting begins

Attendance: 17

The coalition is networking and partnering with one another. Holiday event schedule for Dec 10, 11, 12.

The 10th is the actual set-up, Saturday and Sunday is the actual event

Location: Ty Park

Pavilion 0 -4

Possible to hold up to 300 vendors

Park cost: $1425 + insurance

Cost for vendors, need to be determine? Food? Makes the greatest amount.

Sharlene needs to meet with TY Park - agreement for selling food.

Sharlene suggested we all contact

- catering companies

Donate old chairs and tables to be used for the days

-suggestion of getting maps to promote space to vendors

-Name for event?

- Purpose of event: fundraiser and promote individual programs

-Contact radio stations - have interviews and promote event

-Meredith - will contact vendor to see about food handing.

-Vendors and Sponsors money raised is what will be shared by partnership

-need to decide on the number of vendors we are wiling to have and how much we are willing to charge per vendor

-sponsors will get promotional

-Dina - will be putting together a newsletter (an e-newsletter)

-a total of 36 groups

-Monthly meeting is the first Tuesday of each month (unless more is needed)

-determining criteria for non-profits organization

Suggested committee

Logistics - tables and chairs

Food

Entertainment - (stage)

Promotions (Media and Flyers)

Vendors Coordination -

Decorating committee- what is our decoration going to be

Contest committee

Finance Committee -there is a bank account - (suggestion executive board and coalition member to participate in meeting)

Transportation committee (several organizations need transportation)

Possible issues- work completion for each organization.

Pavilions have electricity- set up entertainment at various location- to keep crowd from bundling up

Cost- for people to come into the park (park charges a dollar)

(Collect food or water)

(Getting everything for one Thrift store- money made to be put into the Kitty.)

-Hours of Operation for the Event-

(Park hours 6am to 6pm)

Friday Set-UP

Saturday is the longest day

Security-a must

Vendor options - Saturday only event or must it be both days.

- Possible solution for both days get volunteers to participate and mans the booth while vendors are not present.

Volunteer coordinator-

Possible hours- (10am - 4pm) on Saturday.

Suggestion- an auction to help raise money for events.

- tickets, shirts, sports paraphanellia.

Donation and prizes will come underneath Entertainment Committee.

Flyer- Germaine, Andrea, Pattie, and Joe.

vendor- Robert, Dina, Marieann, Julie,

Media -Sharlene, Jesus

Sponsors- Susan B. Anthony, Jesus, Julie, Tammy Davis,

Food- Meredith

Finance- Senior Executive Board

Logistics-Margaret

Entertainment- Lennis, Michael,

- Jah-Pah entertainment

- TV Production Program

(PSA two week prior)

Volunteer Coordinator- Margaret Reydel -(volunteer form)

(Camelot Days- event held at TY Park)

First Tuesday of ever month.

Decorating committee

Lennis- suggested different vendors in different areas, to celebrate the Different groups.

Suggestion for Name:

( Name for Event )

International Holiday Fest

(Second Choice)

International Bizarre

Will contact Park staff to get an idea a good time to start.

Saturday 9 to 4

Sunday 10 to 4

Logo on flier 5, 000 for all promotional

250 (minimum) part banner

Cost for vendor -

Pavilion for entertainments

Non-profit

Profit

Vendor Fee of 150 for non-profits for not helping



We need you to contact all the Vendor you know and have them contact the Vendor Committee Chair Person: sharlene at 954-981-5616

Here are the committees you can join, you can be in more than one...

Flyer/Program Committee

Contacts: Pattie Ehrler at parentpartners@yahoo.com

Vendor Coordination

Sharlene flnonprofitcoalition@myway.com

Food

Contact: Meredith Brodie info@kidseduconnections.com

Media/TV/Radio

Contact: Jesus Alvarez jesus@manosinternacional.org

Entertainment

Contact: Lorna Shuford LittleRiverCity@aol.com

Donations/Prizes/Raffle items or Auction

Contact: Michael Smith TTOGOUTREACH@AOL.COM

Volunteer Coordinator

Contact: Margaret Reydel 954-962-7150

Logistics (Tables & Set-up-Clean-up)

Contact: Margaret Reydel 954-962-7150

Sponsors

Contact: Jesus Alvarez at jesus@manosinternacional.org

or Contact: Julie Upstill at jupstill@hmhbbroward.org

Decoration (sub-committee of Volunteer)

Contact: Margaret Reydel at 954-962-7150

Finance Committee:

Executive Board of Directors

(FYI we will be opening a separate account for this event...we will be selecting someone from the Preservation Board to also be on the signing for the account, so that any money withdrawn from account must have more than one signature...also no money will be withdrawn from the account until tallies are given to everyone, which will include a financial report, which will include an income and expense statement)

Please contact me if you are planning to be part of the event so that I can add you to the list...

for more information you can email me at this email or call me at 954-981-5616 or cell: 954-274-4753

thank you

Rev. Sharlene

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending

November 9, 2004
 
Hello, I am going to give you the minutes for Nov. 9th's meeting of the Florida Nonprofit Coalition Preservation Board. AT the end there are some vital questions that need to be answered immediately so that things that need to be done for upcoming events can be done.  Also I am attaching a Vendor form for all nonprofits who would like a area at the International Holiday fest, who have not signed up.  The fee for nonprofits for the 2 days is $150.  Remember this is your area to raise funds and awareness for your Nonprofit.  Those who have already signed up I have your form.  Also if you know of any vendors who would be interested in having space have them contact me at 954-981-5616 the vendor fee is $300 for the two days.  Food Vendors are still needed as well.
 
Minutes:
November 9th, 2004  7 pm Lake Forest Park
 
We first did introductions, as we had some new organizations being represented.
At this point in time we had no real results to report in either money raised, vendors counts, or sponsor counts.  All these are waiting for confirmation and fees to be sent. 
We have scheduled another meeting for November 23, 2004 at this time, I need ALL COMMITTEE CHAIRS to be in attendance, if you can not be in attendance I need a report sent to me as to what you have accomplished.
 
Janice Hamilton from Hamilton Fine Art & Auctions came a spoke to us about a fund-raising opportunity.  They have partnered with charity and non-profit organizations for more than a decade, raising millions of dollars for worthy causes throughout the country. We orchestrate a memorable social event customized for your organization and guests that meets your fund raising goals.   Their website is: http://www.hamiltonart.com/auctions.html

The way this would work if you participate is as follows:

  1. Each nonprofit would be given their own colored coded Tickets to sale.  You keep 100% of ticket sales, we decide how much the tickets go for...(average example $15 to $20 per ticket) the goal is for each nonprofit to sale as many tickets as possible.
  2. Next you would find sponsors to put ad's in the Auction Brochure..again that money is yours to keep.
  3. The night of the event we all work to have cocktail party items donated or underwritten, such as wine and cheese etc. for our guest at the auction.
  4. We will need volunteers to help the setting up of the Auction.
  5. Janice will be conducting meeting along the way to help with the preparation of the action and helping we have a successful event.  All items needed and training will be presented to us.
  6. The night of the auction, those items that are bought we will be getting a percentage as a group of 15% until $12,000 worth of art is sold, then we go to 20%, that will be divided between the nonprofits involved.

We are looking at doing this..it needs to be planned for at least 2 months in advance...we are looking at a holiday time during the beginning of 2005, such as around Valentines day, we need a count on who would like to do this around Valentines day.

End of Minutes

Requests and questions:

Everyone who is not on a committee but would like to help please let me know NOW please, because we need your help with finding Vendors, decorations, sponsors IN-KIND GIFTS, FOR RAFFLES AND AUCTIONS.

Who would be interested in participating in the Art Auction Fund Raiser?

Is Valentine's Day time a time you would like to have this Art Auction?

Please you need to send in your application and fee for your area at the INTERNATIONAL HOLIDAY FESTIVAL Dec. 11-12, now, but here let me know if you are wanting an area so that we can place you.

All committees, if you are on them need to please report to me hear as to what you have done, what you are waiting for and what has been accomplished.  I need to hear from the Media, Entertainment and Vendor Committees please.  Thank you.

Next meeting is November 9th 2004 7pm Lake Forest Park.

Sharlene

for more information call: Sharlene at 954-981-5616